Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect - Can a single survey submission update multiple records if they share a common ID?

08-14-2024 09:37 AM
ademshark
Occasional Contributor

Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.9, Enterprise 10.x, Survey123 Connect

I have a survey form embedded into a Dashboard hosted on my company's Portal. The survey was built in Survey123 Connect on top of a feature layer hosted on our Portal, to edit existing features. Currently, users can go in, pull a project's ID and the form prepopulates with data from a record associated with that ID. Though, some projects may have multiple records, all using the same ID. Is it possible to have the survey submission on that project ID update all the records in the feature layer that have that ID?

In my research it seems there are two options, neither of which I can get to work. 1) using Power Automate to capture submissions and somehow populate all records. Issue is getting PA to reach into our firewall. 2) using a custom Javascript that is triggered on survey submission to edit all records with the same project ID. I believe I have a script that works, issue is figuring out how to get it into the XLSForm and implementing it.

Anybody else have a setup like this that works? Thanks!

0 Replies