Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 compass bearing and calculation inside repeat

07-19-2023 08:53 PM
SimonAllard2
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a repeat block for some field weather measurements. I have a decimal question with compass bearing appearance to use the compass and a calculation in a following text field that derives the compass direction (N, NE, E etc....)

When I go to the next record in the repeat, the values in the compass bearing and direction field persist and are not cleared. Is there a way to force it to clear?

Thanks,

Simon

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For Geopoints I set the default to 0,0 and that works. Maybe default it to blank or 0?

0 Kudos
SimonAllard2
New Contributor III
I'll try to default to a blank. Do you know the syntax for this? Also, it is not a geopoint question - it is a decimal question which has a bearing appearance which allows a compass UI. This is sitting inside a repeat block which is not cleared when the next repeat record is loaded.

Thanks,
Simon
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

I'm interested in this! Are you using the phone compass to calculate the direction or is it the user who selects the wind direction? 

Did you figure out how to make a new record appear blank after collecting a first point? I have my bearing in a repeat and can't make it go blank when I take a second measurement

Thanks, 

Albert

0 Kudos