Survey123 Attachments Do Not Work With Inbox

Jump to solution
03-09-2018 07:56 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I've run into the roadblock of not being able to add attachments when I try to edit an inspection from the inbox.  The attachments work fine when creating the inspection but after I've submitted it and brought it back via the inbox I am no longer able to add new attachments.  After readying other questions I can see this seems to be a software limitation and according to the comments the fix is currently being developed.  However when I searched the sneak peak I did not see this on the list?  Is this coming soon and if so when?  I am using a Galaxy 7 for data collection.  I assume this limitation also affects ios?  

Thanks!

Josh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh,

You are correct, at this time we do not support adding attachments as part of editing a survey from the Inbox (OS of device does not matter).  While we are looking to support this in the future, there is not a set date as to when this will be.  I have made note of your request in our internal repository, and I would encourage you to continue utilizing the "Sneak peek" section of our documentation and GeoNet for announcements related to support of this feature.

You may also want to reference the following GeoNet thread which offers a workflow utilizing repeats (related tables) to manage the addition of photos via the Inbox.

Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh,

You are correct, at this time we do not support adding attachments as part of editing a survey from the Inbox (OS of device does not matter).  While we are looking to support this in the future, there is not a set date as to when this will be.  I have made note of your request in our internal repository, and I would encourage you to continue utilizing the "Sneak peek" section of our documentation and GeoNet for announcements related to support of this feature.

You may also want to reference the following GeoNet thread which offers a workflow utilizing repeats (related tables) to manage the addition of photos via the Inbox.

Regards,

Brandon

TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Any updates?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

At this time, there hasn't been a change with regard to supporting attachments with the Inbox.

0 Kudos