Survey123 Asks to Sign-In Over and Over

07-10-2018 01:22 PM
WillPlatt
New Contributor III

I am using Collector and Survey123 to inspect poles.  I first sign in to both apps.  I then use Collector to find the pole, click on it and click on a custom URL that opens Survey123.  I fill out my survey inspection data and attempt to send the data, but Survey123 wants me to sign in again.   This happens very time I try to send the data.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong that is making me sign in over and over again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A hotfix for 3.0 has been released today to resolve the sign in issue. Please ensure you download the latest version of Connect 3.0.128 and App 3.0.134 from the Survey123 website or app stores to get this fix.

Regards,

Phil.

DownerNew_Zealand
New Contributor III

We've tested here and the issues we've had with sign-on are now resolved in this release.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisMcLean2
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

I'm having the same issue on Android devices, where the users are required to enter their password every time they close and open the app. 

I'm using versions:

Connect 3.0.138 and App 3.0.149

Also upgraded to Connect 3.0.142 to test... still have the same issue

Please advise. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Just letting you know we have been working on the sign out issues when a device changes network, goes offline or the token expires and these issues have now been resolved in the latest Survey123 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community (EAC).

We have also been working on the survey update notifications feature in the latest Survey123 beta builds and the new workflow will now alert the user in the field app when an updated survey is available, and be displayed on the gallery page, download surveys page and when trying to open a survey that has an update. This enables the user to do an update of the survey before proceeding to collect a new survey record.

Please test out the latest 3.9 beta builds and provide any feedback via the EAC user forums for the sign out issue and also the new survey update notification feature. You can find the 3.9 beta announcement with details on EAC.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone in this post,

We have just updated EAC with the latest 3.9 RC2 builds which include further improvements and fixes to avoid user sign out when the device is offline or network connectivity changes constantly. Hopefully this resolves your issues detailed above.

Please check out the latest announcement and 3.9 RC2 builds on EAC here.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos