Survey123 Asks to Sign-In Over and Over

07-10-2018 01:22 PM
WillPlatt
New Contributor III

I am using Collector and Survey123 to inspect poles.  I first sign in to both apps.  I then use Collector to find the pole, click on it and click on a custom URL that opens Survey123.  I fill out my survey inspection data and attempt to send the data, but Survey123 wants me to sign in again.   This happens very time I try to send the data.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong that is making me sign in over and over again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Will,

Can I ask what operating system you're using? We've seen a bug like this on Android devices.

0 Kudos
DownerNew_Zealand
New Contributor III

We are also experiencing this issue across multiple Android and iOS phones and tablets.

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ryan,

This makes things a bit messier; we haven't seen the same issue on iOS.

Can I confirm that your workflow is the same as what Will described in the original post (sign in on both apps > open URL to Survey in Collector > complete survey > get asked to sign in again)?

0 Kudos
DownerNew_Zealand
New Contributor III

Sorry, I should have read a bit more carefully. Our issue is slightly different.

Later Survey123 releases maintained user login information. Now if the app is closed or a period of time has elapsed (~ 1 hr) the user is logged out and needs to log in again. Its actually surprising how much this slows down our users.
We are using Portal 10.6 with in-build  identity store for authentication.

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

This is likely two different issues.

We do have as a known issue on Android that, if the app is closed, it doesn't retain the user's login information on being reopened. This is an issue specific to Android, and hasn't been observed on other platforms.

We haven't seen an issue on being signed out after an amount of time has elapsed. I'm currently testing this on both Android and iOS.

Can you confirm if one or both of these behaviors have appeared on both Android and iOS?

0 Kudos
DownerNew_Zealand
New Contributor III

Hi Claire,

We've retested and it does seem to be only the Android devices that are experience the issue. sorry for the confusion.

WillPlatt
New Contributor III

I am using Android 8.1.0 on a Pixel 2 XL.

Thanks Claire

0 Kudos
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

In that case, yes, this does appear to be a known bug introduced in version 3.0, that's likely related to a new method of storing user credentials. We're hoping to solve this in version 3.1.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Fix to this issue is planned to be made available on July 31st. Stay tuned.