Survey123 app

08-21-2019 11:35 AM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Hi, the current version in PlayStore will install but wont run on most recent devices. users in the play store report the same bug. It runs well on old devices...

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rene,

Could you list the example of new/recent devices which fail to run the field app?

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Am running a Panasonic Toughpad. On the playstore, a user mentioned the same bug with a samsung s3

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

What model of Panasonic Toughpad are you using? Did you receive any message when you try to open the app?

Have you tried 3.6 beta build from our early adopter site to see if newer version works?

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Toughpad FZ-B2. Not sure early adopter would help since i have 30 field techs on the field. They are the ones installing their app. Thanks

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rene,

Checking the specs on the website and it listed that Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2 is running on android 6.0.1. Could you confirm the Android version of the device you are running? And have you updated the latest firmware? Make sure you have enough memory on the device though.

https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/docs/079146?dc%5B%5D=002003&dc%5B%5D=002001&no=1&oc=001037&p1=210&p...

When you said the app won't run, does that mean you clicked the app and nothing happens? Or you encounter error message?

Currently we don't have exact device to run the test in house but if you could narrow down the specs at your side, that would be helpful for us to identify the problem here.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Furthermore, there is another issue with 3.5 survey123 app with 32bit/64bit on playstore.

Please this post and try to download from here 

to see if it would work for you.

Survey123 doesn´t run in some devices 

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeng

just updated my tablet operating system and installed Survey123 v3.6.153. As indicated previously, upon launching, msg appears saying stopped working. Any clue what to do next? Thanks

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rene,

Did you download from this link? Survey123 for ArcGIS Resources | Downloads, Training, Videos & Documentation 

if so, which one did you download? And what android version did you upgrade to? Are you able to upgrade to android 10?

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

To update the operating system on my tablet i simply went to Settings- About - Update. It's still Android 6.0.1 and the core version is 3.14.55.x86_64-ga82ca7e. To update Survey123 i again went to the playstore. If i rather go the the url you mentioned, will i be able to execute the install file once downloaded to the tablet? And which version should i download?

Thanks

0 Kudos