Survey123 App Crashes On Load (iPhone 7)

Jump to solution
08-19-2020 06:08 PM
BenVan_Kesteren
New Contributor II

Hey, 

I have a user reporting that each time they try to simply open the Survey123 app on their phone it flashes the screen and returns to desktop. I have created a screen recording below.

Things we have tried:

• restarting the phone
  • uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the app
  • opened Explorer app, logged out and back in, no worries. 
  • Had our IT dept remotely remove and push the app to the phone using the Mobile Device Management console.

None of the above were able to make any difference to what happens when he clicks the icon.

Any thoughts?

Video showing what happens when end user tries to open Survey123 IOS App

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenVan_Kesteren
New Contributor II

The good news is: The app is working

The bad news is: I asked him for the above details, and before he started to collate the answers he tested the app and it is now working. The only thing that changed from earlier and now, is that time has passed.

No idea what the issue was, so cannot help anyone else that may come across this!

Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben,

Assume you are using the latest 3.10 build from the iOS App store? Was 3.9 working ok on this same device?

Do you see this crash on other iOS devices, or does it only happen on this one device?

What is the exact model, iOS version and how much free memory/space is available?

Are there any other configurations set by the MDM for the Survey123 app (AppConfig, restrictions, per app VPN etc)?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BenVan_Kesteren
New Contributor II

The good news is: The app is working

The bad news is: I asked him for the above details, and before he started to collate the answers he tested the app and it is now working. The only thing that changed from earlier and now, is that time has passed.

No idea what the issue was, so cannot help anyone else that may come across this!

Cheers.