Survey123 and SubTypes

03-21-2017 05:47 PM
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

I have a feature Service on ArcGIS Online which his subtyped. When I select a different Subtype the domains for attributes update to reflect the type of subtype. I want to create a Survey123 project from this Feature Service. When I create the Survey123 project it does not list the subtypes and does not list the domains associated with each subtype.

The way around this I see is that I need to modify my feature service so that the Subtype becomes a domain. Then I produce filters based on the domain which only show the fields associated with the domain. This though creates extra fields that I would otherwise not need if I could use subtypes?

Cheers

Gordon

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for pointing this limitation out.  We currently don't support reading subtypes.  This impacts the domains in that domains for subtypes are expressed as part of the subtype information, not the domain information, so we're not reading those either.  Currently, you would need to manually change the subtype field to a select_one and create  the choices for the domains as a cascading select.

0 Kudos