Survey123 and Portal: Publishing error Code:500 Error in opening workspace

05-11-2017 11:57 AM
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

So I have been trying to publish 4 forms that I created in Survey123 Connect to our ArcGIS Portal. Unfortunately, every time I try and publish the form I receive a Publishing error code:500 ERROR: Error in opening workspace.

I had read that it may be related to the data store but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if there was a way to solve it?

We have had some issues with validating the data store after renewing our license so I am not sure if that is related.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Claire,

I agree that it sounds quite likely that something is at issue with your Data Store (the database of which is the default 'workspace' for Survey123).  Can you try publishing a hosted feature service, say by adding a CSV file or zipped shapefile in My Contents?  If it's the Data Store at issue, that should also return an error.  Either way, I'd recommend you contact Esri Technical Support to diagnose this issue. 

0 Kudos
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

I was able to publish a service to portal via ArcMap with no problem but when I try to add a zipped shapefile in My Contents, this is the error message I receive

ERROR 001366: Unable to publish service. Service requires a managed enterprise database and one is not configured. Failed to execute (PublishServiceDefinition). Failed to execute (Publish Portal Service). Failed.

We just recently renewed our license for our ESRI products and after we did that is when we encountered this issue. Everything seemed to have been working just fine before that renewal.

0 Kudos
Claire_Peterson
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved. It took 2 weeks for us to finally get an answer from both our reps and from ESRI tech support - all we needed to do was run the "updatelicense" batch file under the Data Store folder on the machine that we have portal running.

StephenKaranja
New Contributor III

Thanks for posting the solution to this issue. Running the ArcGIS Data Store updatelicense utility resolved the same publishing error for me. We had also recently renewed the ArcGIS Enterprise license.

0 Kudos