Survey123 3.13 image for static display has invalid symbol

Jump to solution
09-22-2021 11:47 AM
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I have some static images that I display for reference purposes.  In 3.13 I get my image with another invalid symbol below it:

LarryWiebe_0-1632336189352.png

The image is a simple png referenced as a read only image type in the media::image cell.  It is on a grid display w2 with each image a w1.  I have attached the images for reference.

LarryWiebe_1-1632336429584.png

Thanks,

Larry

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hello @LarryWiebe ,

In 3.13 we have added image support in the Inbox (you can now view and add image attachments for existing features). You can read about the latest additions in this blog. As part of this implementation we now show the icon you're seeing when read-only image questions don't have an associated image attachment. It indicates that there is no image available to display (and you can't add one since the question is read-only).

Since you're only using these questions to display a reference image (ie not capture any new images to submit with the survey), you should be using note questions. This is mentioned in the documentation: "Use a note question to display an image that is not associated with a question." 

If you change these questions from image to note it will display as expected in 3.13.

Hope this helps,

Brett

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hello @LarryWiebe ,

In 3.13 we have added image support in the Inbox (you can now view and add image attachments for existing features). You can read about the latest additions in this blog. As part of this implementation we now show the icon you're seeing when read-only image questions don't have an associated image attachment. It indicates that there is no image available to display (and you can't add one since the question is read-only).

Since you're only using these questions to display a reference image (ie not capture any new images to submit with the survey), you should be using note questions. This is mentioned in the documentation: "Use a note question to display an image that is not associated with a question." 

If you change these questions from image to note it will display as expected in 3.13.

Hope this helps,

Brett