Survey won't publish, as form was moved to a different folder

Jump to solution
08-27-2021 05:21 PM
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, when I first published my survey I couldn't find the folder it published to - I completely forgot that the folder is automatically given the suffix 'Survey' before the actual survey title. So in ArcGIS contents, I made a new folder and found the survey form in the 'All my contents' section, and moved it to the new folder. 

After this was done, I found the original folder that it published to. I deleted this empty folder just to tidy things up, and didn't realise this would cause issues.

Now that I've made a minor change to my survey, it won't re-publish. The loading symbol goes on and on and never actually reaches the publish completion. I have determined that the moving form to another folder has caused this issue... Since the original folder it published to is deleted, how can I fix the issue?

I saw in this community question page that I could add the new folder's ID to the survey's .iteminfo file. However, the .iteminfo file of my survey doesn't have a section for the ID or the folder ID...

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Weird.  Do you have Connect closed when you do this?   I closed Connect, edited the info file (try this just make a backup), opened Connect, opened form, Publish.  It moved no problem.

May want to try support now.  Good luck

View solution in original post

18 Replies
alison_gou
Esri Contributor

Hi @JulietK ,

I am assuming you are using Survey123 connect to publish survey.

You may try the modifying "ownerFolder": "ffe46f0e086145a183cdfa1be720d086" in  .iteminfo file,  replacing the exiting one with your new folder ID, however, I don't think this is supported as I ran into errors when publishing.

May I ask the reason why you don't republish your modified survey, as this may be a fast solution?

Regards,

Alison

JulietK

Hi Alison, thank you for your response. 

It seems like swapping out the folder ID for ownerfolder doesn't fix the issue for me either, the publishing process still is stuck on the loading page. 

I haven't recreated and republished the whole form, as I honestly thought there would be an easy fix to this. This also already is the second republish as the first publish of this form had a minor error of a wrong fieldtype, and the published form & feature service layer already has 3 feature view layers attached, to which there are also maps and dashboards linked, with all the metadata completed. It would be a process to go through this all over again, so if there is a method to fix without a full republish it would be really useful.

0 Kudos
MarkEastwood

Thanks for the post @alison_gou ! Updating the ownerFolder fixed the issue for me. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try recreating the folder and moving the form back in there?  This can be a real pain to change to I would just try to get it back.

0 Kudos
JulietK

Hi Doug, thank you for your response. 

When you say recreate the folder, do you mean just creating a new folder with the same folder name? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea basically put it back the way it was.  

0 Kudos
JulietK

Hi Doug, it still gets stuck on the loading page unfortunately. Thank you for your suggestion!

JulietK_0-1630357035818.png

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you also move the form and service back into the directory?  Are they named the same as they were?

0 Kudos
JulietK

Hi Doug, sorry I am unsure what you mean by the directory. 

I just tried creating a new folder that was named the same was the original folder that the form was published to, and moving the form into that folder. The name of the form and feature layer are the same as when originally published.

Is there another method that could potentially work?

0 Kudos