Survey published from existing feature service shows 0,0 lat long in data view

02-11-2020 09:10 PM
JayH
by
New Contributor III

Hello all, 

I created a survey with an existing feature service (address points) for building damage assessment. I understood this would be 'geopoint' in my survey, and the survey would not create any new geometry when I am using Inbox to attach the information on these existing points. But it seems I have not fully understood yet.

As shown below, the existing points are located on the map (as expected).  If I click any record, the address point shows nothing, just 0, 0 lat and long in the summary part (right pane). I am not clear why it does not pick up the actual location as displayed in the map area.

Currently my survey questions are added on the feature service layer, and I have a related table published to accommodate pictures and audios only. If the survey still try to pick up new geopoint location in spite of having data from existing points, should I make all of my survey questions in the related table and make geopoint auto populated based on the existing point's location? so basically create a new dataset with geometry?

Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

Apologies for the delay.  It looks like there is an issue in reading the point location into the feature details.  This may be due to a difference in how the feature service configured compared to a feature service published by Survey123. Given that this is an issue with the map/geometry, what is the spatial reference of the feature service?

0 Kudos