Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey not Updating in Survey123 Field App

05-24-2024 08:15 AM
Bryan_Wade
Frequent Contributor

I recently updated the survey we use for damage assessments. The survey is working as expected in the browser and on mobile devices, but there have been several users for whom the survey did not update on the field application downloaded to their laptop. They have deleted the survey and downloaded it again with no luck. Has anyone else run into this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Just the other day, actually. I was going to have the user clear out their "My Surveys" folder on their laptop in an attempt to clear their cache. For mobile, i think the easiest solution would be to uninstall the S123 app.

This of course assumes that all security settings are appropriate for that user, and the survey is shared properly.

0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Frequent Contributor

Everything is shared correctly as 95% of users have experienced not issues. This particular user didn't have any issues with the survey on their mobile device. It just appears to be an issue with the survey/app on their lap top. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sounds exactly like what I witnessed earlier this week. This is definitely a bug, and the fact that someone else is in the same boat as me in such a short time makes me want to log a case with Esri... if only I had the time.

The only fix is likely manually clearing the local cache. As I mentioned, try deleting the survey, then manually clear out any remaining files from their "My Surveys" folder. Failing that, reinstalling the app may be the only solution.

In my case, the user was getting updates. But the updates didn't change anything within the survey.

Bryan_Wade
Frequent Contributor

That is the same issue my folks are having. The survey notified them of the update but did not make changes to the survey when they did the update.. 

I'll have them clear the cache and any old surveys they might have. If that doesn't work, they can delete the app and download everything again.

0 Kudos