Survey Not Downloading on iPads

08-01-2019 01:56 PM
TCPUDGIS
New Contributor

I've created a survey (https://arcg.is/bS9qn) that doesn't open in the Survey123 for ArcGIS field app (v3.5.176) on several different iPad models, all running iOS 12.4.  After navigating to the URL or scanning the QR code, Survey123 opens and a message is displayed that the survey is "Downloading", but it never does and the message cannot be bypassed.  If I sign-in to the app, I can download and open the survey, but this is not preferred as we need to have this survey on 15 different iPads.  Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi TCPUD GIS,

This is a known issue with the latest 3.5.176 field app released late last week. We have a fix for it already and will be releasing a 3.5 hotfix to the app stores as soon as possible. It should be available by the end of the week, pending certification and app store approvals.

As a current workaround, if you are using AGO, users should still be able to download the survey manually via the Download surveys menu if they are signed in.

Alternatively, we have also uploaded new 3.6 Beta builds to the Early Adopter Community which include this fix. Please download the latest 3.6 Beta builds via EAC and/or Testflight. You can find the latest 3.6 Beta updates on EAC here.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
EricPescatore
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning, just a FYI we are using an Enterprise Portal instance of Survey123 on the iOS and are encountering a similar problem with the latest build of Survey123. The user was able to update the forms this morning, but a second form update has resulted in a problem. Though the above user was able to download by signing into a device, it was not working using the QR code or Hyperlink. Though this was not the workflow we are running. we just have the user update the form while logged into the device.

iOS 12.3.1 and the latest version of Survey123 on the iOS3.5.176

Note that we also following the instruction in the off chance that downloading the BETA version of 3.6, but we encountered the same problem on an iOS device. Even with the beta installed. We are also getting reports of Android users who are unable to install both Portal and AGOL.

I unfortunately am unable to recreate the problem. As I had the version before 3.5.176 and was able to login, i was also able to download the beta and login and download no problem.

This issue is tied to the specific iOS device using, that specific version. So we did not uninstall Survey123 when we installed the beta under fear that the user would not be able to install ANY FORMS at all.

Attempts to create dummy and fresh empty forms resulted in the same problem. The only cause i could think of would be that we did not Uninstall Survey123 before installing the BETA.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the additional feedback, the cause is the same as mentioned in above comments. The updated iOS beta build on Testflight is still in review by Apple, but should be available in next 24 hours. The build you need is 3.6.75, once you see this on Testflight please test it out.

For all other OS versions, the builds are already on EAC and can be downloaded and installed, and/or side loaded on Android.

We should have the 3.5.177 hotfix builds in the stores and publicly available for all OS versions by later this week, which will fix the problems you have mentioned.

Phil.

EricPescatore
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the clarification on that, When i tried to use the TestFlight on the iOS i was unclear why the fix didn't appear to work, yet my co-worker using Android beta was able to move on. 

0 Kudos