Survey downloads onto Local C Drive

Jump to solution
05-24-2021 07:43 AM
spatialcoder
New Contributor II

Hi All,

We have a project implementation at my organization where we are using the Survey 123 application. What we are having issues with is that our PC images classify our H Drive as the Home Drive, instead of the C Drive. 

Adding to the above comment, when the application reads this, it will pull the surveys down from ArcGIS Online and then traverse the network again to download onto the H Drive. This causes latency in download times, and inefficient downtime for crews. What I am trying to find out is whether or not we can control where the Application downloads the surveys too, but VIA the application. 

Any suggestions are welcome. I have worked with my IT group, but for obvious reasons we are being requested to discuss with with ESRI. I am also trying here as well.

Thanks for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @spatialcoder,

Unfortunately it is not possible to change where the surveys are downloaded to. All user files for Survey123 will be saved to the ArcGIS folder which is automatically created in the users home directly. By default on Windows this is C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\. If you IT dept has moved your user home folder to another drive or location, the ArcGIS folder will automatically be created in that new location. Currently this can not be changed or moved from within the application.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @spatialcoder,

Unfortunately it is not possible to change where the surveys are downloaded to. All user files for Survey123 will be saved to the ArcGIS folder which is automatically created in the users home directly. By default on Windows this is C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\. If you IT dept has moved your user home folder to another drive or location, the ArcGIS folder will automatically be created in that new location. Currently this can not be changed or moved from within the application.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos