Survey 123 default to nearest existing feature

Jump to solution
02-28-2019 10:29 AM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I have a set of existing points and I need to allow users to add new records to it's related table (no new point features, only adding rows to the related 1:M table).  I'd like to set up my Survey 123 form to automatically select the nearest existing point to the user location as the feature for my users to edit. Is this possible?  

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jay,

This is not currently possible, editing of existing features is only possible via the Inbox, where you can view the existing records as a list view or map view. From this map view you can find the nearest feature to you current location.

If you would like your request to automatically select the nearest existing point to be the feature to edit, can I suggest you raise it as an Idea on ArcGIS Ideas page so other people can vote for this same enhancement.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jay,

This is not currently possible, editing of existing features is only possible via the Inbox, where you can view the existing records as a list view or map view. From this map view you can find the nearest feature to you current location.

If you would like your request to automatically select the nearest existing point to be the feature to edit, can I suggest you raise it as an Idea on ArcGIS Ideas page so other people can vote for this same enhancement.

Regards,

Phil.

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Philip, good suggestion.  I'll make this an#arcgis idea

Jay
Washoe County GIS
LiamHarrington-Missin
Occasional Contributor II
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LiamHarrington-Missin,

I am not sure search() would work as per the original post. Search is designed to be used on select_one or select_multiple questions, to populate the choice list values. I can't see how that can be used to do a spatial search and find nearest existing point.

However it may be possible to do this with a JavaScript function and do a spatial query?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos