Survey 123 Connect Publishing Error

Jump to solution
09-18-2021 11:37 PM
JohnClelandEvolution
New Contributor

I am hoping that this is something simple to remedy, I have created a form in Survey 123 Connect and there are no errors that is it coming up with when I check.

So I am publishing the form and it just hangs on Creating Feature Service, it generates a folder in GIS Online but just spins away and does nothing else.

I had originally created the form in the web builder for 123, it worked fine but I thought I'd use Connect to improve the workings of it, and while in Connect 123 the form works fine I just can't get it published so I can access the form on my iPad.

Hopefully this is something you've come across and can help me with.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JohnClelandEvolution,

Is the user you are signed into Connect with a "Creator" user type, and have the role of "Publisher"? If not, can you change the member settings in the org and try again.

Are you saying you first published this survey from a trial account, then had the account converted to a subscription, and now with the same user it doesn't work anymore?

If you are having trouble with a newly created paid subscription (converted from a trial) I would suggest contacting Esri Support, and they can assist further, as they will be able to see the account details, configuration, members, licenses etc.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When republishing the survey from Connect, what is the error you get, is there an error code or description? Is the survey Form item and feature service still in the original folder that was created by web designer? Have you moved or changed the permissions of those items?

Can you share the XLSForm (xlsx file and any items from media folder) that is created in the My Survey Designs folder for that survey?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JohnClelandEvolution
New Contributor

Hi Phil,

Thanks for getting back.

I get no error messages, only the spinning wheel of doom as it attempts to publish - it stalls on the Creating Feature Service as it does publish the folder.

As an extra bonus, the form does definitely work as I used a trial version last night and it uploaded immediately.  This has something to do with the license change from Trial to the Subscription version I would think.

Basically, I am completely at a loss as the problem.

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is the user you are signed into Connect with a "Creator" user type, and have the role of "Publisher"? If not, can you change the member settings in the org and try again.

Are you saying you first published this survey from a trial account, then had the account converted to a subscription, and now with the same user it doesn't work anymore?

If you are having trouble with a newly created paid subscription (converted from a trial) I would suggest contacting Esri Support, and they can assist further, as they will be able to see the account details, configuration, members, licenses etc.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JohnClelandEvolution
New Contributor

Hi Phil,

Yes, I believe that this may be the removal of being a creator, as this seems to be the only difference between the trial and my paid for subscription version, which is frustrating because it took Tech support a week to fix the license, but it hasn't really fixed my problem as I only need Online for the Survey capability to be frank..

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi John

Could you share the Excel design form with us - then we can possibly be of more assistance.

0 Kudos
JohnClelandEvolution
New Contributor

Thanks Deon, sorry I forgot to attach to my last response, see attached.  This di publish fine.

I am wondering whether this has something to do with being a "Creator" user type, as the trial version puts you as that but the paid for subscription license doesn't do that?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

See my reply above, yes, the user signed into Connect needs to be a Creator and Publisher for Connect to work as expected when publishing surveys.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JohnClelandEvolution
New Contributor

Thanks Phil, I will try and get Tech Support to fix this and I appreciate your help (and Deon too).

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
JohnClelandEvolution
New Contributor

Hi again Phil,

Looking at the license I was "upgraded" to is is listed as "GIS Professional Advanced" whereas the trial version is "creator" - you're right of course, this must be the root cause of my issues and I am hoping the Tech team can fix it for me ASAP.

Thanks again

John

0 Kudos