Summary Reports fail to generate when >20 records selected

Jump to solution
07-08-2021 05:46 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Survey123 consistently fails when generating a summary reports containing >20 records. For one of my surveys, I created a quarterly reporting template for my end users. They should be able to select all records for a 3 month period and create a summary report with a few clicks of a button. Instead, they get consistent failures and I need to go in and generate reports for them, and then compile them using Excel. This defeats the purpose of a summary report template. 

This is extremely frustrating! Instead of generating 1 summary report, I have to generate 1 per batch of ~20 records and then use Excel to add all of the values together. 

For example, this quarter (April 1 to June 30) has 391 records - imagine generating a summary report for every 20 of those! 

The error code flip flops between a generic "we couldn't generate the report" to something more specific with syntax. The odd thing about the syntax portion is that as long as I don't pass the 20 record threshold, the report template works fine. I also receive no errors when uploading the report template. 

I have been suffering through this for months now - is there any end in sight? 

@IsmaelChivite 

Thank you,

Erica
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @erica_poisson 

We have been working on enhancing the performance of the report service, and our new build may solve your issue. Zhifang will contact you with the details.

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @erica_poisson 

We have been working on enhancing the performance of the report service, and our new build may solve your issue. Zhifang will contact you with the details.

Thanks,

Ruth

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu 

Thank you! I just tested the beta build and replied to Zhifang's email. It worked perfectly! I appreciate this very much. 

I look forward to this beta build getting released for public use.

Erica 

Erica
0 Kudos