Select to view content in your preferred language

Stuck on "updating survey form package"

08-14-2023 01:43 AM
IDT_tinghuahuang
New Contributor II

While publishing form, Survey123 stuck on "updating survey form package".

I knew there were similar question Solved: Stuck on "updating survey form package" - Esri Community

But my problem is different, it's somehow related to the size of media folder of that survey.

My survey design needs to contain lots of image for offline use. However, when the size of media folder exceeds 9.6 mb(wield number), it will stuck on "updating survey form package" .

If I cut some image, make the size of folder lower than 9.6mb, it will be smooth to publish the survey.

I have tried different image file, it seems the problem only affacted by the size of the folder.

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This happened to me too.  It may be due to the 10MB AGOL limit.  I had to have our graphics person do some work to make the images as small as possible without losing quality.  You can downscale them a lot.

Used a site like this one https://resizing.app/features/compress-jpeg/

Even if it let you publish we found the tablets will also struggle.  So make them as small as you can.

hope that helps

0 Kudos
IDT_tinghuahuang
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

However, according to Media questions—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation

"The maximum file size for an individual attachment submitted from the Survey123 field app is 10 MB."

I think 10MB is the limit of one image file, not the limit of all image file.

Isn't it?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is talking about when you are attaching a photo via the field app.  The form item package in AGOL is different, it is a file which is also limited to 10 mb.  Every time my media folder got to about this size it would give the same error you are getting.  Reduced the size of the media folder then it went.  Pretty sure that is your issue.  Reduce the images and give it a shot.

0 Kudos
IDT_tinghuahuang
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

I would problably try your solution.

But it's strange that I actually have couple survey with 70MB media folder or even larger.

And those survey were well functional.

Thank you anyway!

0 Kudos