Still having trouble with long list

Jump to solution
01-29-2024 08:00 AM
KaraGrady
Occasional Contributor

Still having trouble uploading my 2000 option list as a CSV file into Survey123. I have it uploaded as both a hosted table and a CSV file in my ArcGIS content, but when I go into Survey123 to upload it as a list for the dropdown menu, nothing shows up. Trying to make it public access hasn't helped. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaraGrady
Occasional Contributor

A coworker of mine figured it out, you need to have it in as a feature layer with location data, it won't accept it without location data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is there any way you can provide the CSV and XLSX files either on the forms of in a PM? If not, I'd recommend calling Esri Support for help. It's hard to say what's wrong without seeing the files.

One thing to try. If you cut out 1900 lines from the CSV, save it, and use that file, does it magically work? If not, then the issue is either a poorly formatted CSV, or improperly referenced external CSV in the XLSX. If it does work, then it may still be an improperly formatted CSV, but the issue is in one of the lines you deleted.

0 Kudos
KaraGrady
Occasional Contributor

Screenshot 2024-01-29 113652.png

0 Kudos
KaraGrady
Occasional Contributor

I also saved it as an CSV UTF-8

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Have you tried simplifying the items in the name column to remove all special characters? (Select that one column > press Ctrl+F > go to the Replace tab > replace all '*' with '_' for instance).

Edit. And I meant to add, is it possible to upload the actual CSV and XLSX files?

0 Kudos
KaraGrady
Occasional Contributor

A coworker of mine figured it out, you need to have it in as a feature layer with location data, it won't accept it without location data.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

That sounds odd for just a drop down. I have several large drop down CSVs that all work without location data. Location data isn't an explicit requirement for external selects.

0 Kudos