Status of select multiple wish list?

08-18-2020 08:35 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I tried finding all the different posts but I cannot.  I have a project that really wants to use select multiple but I have been avoiding it due to the following outstanding issues.   Data wise I would much rather use a repeat but it just plain slows the crew way down.

What is the status of these for select multiple?  thanks!

Ability to use choice filter.  I have a form now where I will need 22 fields to simulate this.

Ability to have spaces in the names.  Or a replace formula would work so I can replace _ with space in the form.  Or ability to have a list of labels not names.

Ability to change the separator.

Ability to use external choices.

Splitting words at spaces in horizontal appearances.  This is hard to read for crews.  I have to admit never seen other programs do this.  Does not look professional.

The ability to store the choices as a repeat instead would be really cool but prob too hard to implement.

Thanks for any info. If others agree please post.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

We are currently working on support for select multiple and choice filters for the 3.11 release. Keep an eye out for updates on EAC once the 3.11 beta builds are available.

There will also be other improvements including using select multiple and external choice lists, and also supporting select one and select multiple from a file (csv in media folder).

Whilst many of the items in your wish list above will hopefully be addressed with 3.11, unfortunately not all of them may make it.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is great news Phil!  Thanks a lot.  Spaces is prob the only other one that is a big deal.

I am guessing 3.11 would be the end of the year or so?

Thanks again this will really help my project.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

I am not sure if the spaces issue will make it for 3.11, I believe this is XLSform limitation.

As for 3.11 release, yes we are planning for release later this year, hopefully within the next 2 months if everything stays on track.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos