Select to view content in your preferred language

Specify Default Locator Text in Survey 123

06-04-2024 06:08 AM
HenriettaK
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

I am having a problem that I think could be solved in Survey 123 Connect or in ArcGIS Online itself. I have created a custom locator in AGOL that I am using in a geopoint question in a survey that I created in Survey 123. I have specified the locator item ID in the survey under the bind::esri:parameters, and the locator is working in the survey.

HenriettaK_0-1717506280565.png

However, I would like to be able to specify the text that appears in the search bar before an address is entered; the search bar is currently blank and became blank after I switched to the custom locator.

HenriettaK_1-1717506434805.png

How would I specify the text to appear in the search bar?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alotubvid
New Contributor
To specify default locator text in Survey123 and incorporate SEO keywords, follow these detailed steps:
  1. Open Survey123 Connect: Launch the Survey123 Connect application to create or edit your survey.

2. Select Your Survey: Choose the survey where you want to specify the default locator text. If you don't have a survey yet, create a new one.

3. Go to the XLSForm: Click on the XLSForm button to open the Excel spreadsheet that defines your survey's structure and content.

4. Locate the Geopoint Question: Find the row in the spreadsheet that corresponds to your Geopoint question. This is typically the question where users can input a location.

5. Add the Default Text: In the default column of the Geopoint row, specify the default text you want to display in the locator input field. For example, "Enter location" or "Search for address".

6. Optimize for SEO: To improve the survey’s visibility, use seo-friendly keywords in the default text that are relevant to your target audience. For instance, "Enter location for service request" if the survey is related to customer service.

7. Check the Appearance: Ensure the appearance column is set correctly to geopoint or any other appropriate appearance for location input.

8. Preview the Survey: Use the preview function like seo in Survey123 Connect to check how the default locator text appears in the survey and make sure it looks good.

9. Save the Changes: After verifying that everything works as expected, save your changes in the XLSForm.

10. Publish the Survey: Click on the publish button in Survey123 Connect to update the survey with the new default locator text.

11. Test the Survey: Open the survey in a web browser or mobile device to test the functionality and ensure that the default text appears as intended.

12. Monitor and Update: After deploying the survey, monitor its usage and gather feedback. Update the default text periodically with new SEO keywords to keep it relevant and improve search engine ranking.

0 Kudos