Signature in Survey123 - any tips?

01-28-2019 03:52 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi folks, 

I am using the first time a signature in a survey but I am very disappointed by the performance.  

We are doing our surveys on a Samsung SM-T285 tablet, Android Version 5.1.1, Survey123 version 3.1.159, works much better on my iPhone 6s. 

When I try to put my signature it looks like my daughter's handwriting when she was 2 years 😛

Is there anything I can do to make it look better (more detailed/precise)? I am afraid our clients will not be happy with this result. 😞

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicole,

This might be an issue more-so related to the hardware/software of the particular device, as implied by the statement that it looks better on the iPhone.  Have you tried on another Android device?  Sometimes using a stylus can help, if the device will accept it.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately that's the only Android device I have available - except that we have about 30 from the same type. And we will have to do the survey on these tablets. But I will try a stylus when I get back to the office... 

I have in general an issue with the performance on these tablet which I don't know how to overcome. But the signature looks really horrible... 

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

The other android devise looked a bit better for the signature but I didn't have the chance to test it for the overall performance. It was also a bit bigger than the ones we usually use. 

The stylus didn't make it better...

0 Kudos