Signature Image Black Borders

Jump to solution
12-29-2021 12:14 PM
CBarrett
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm seeing the issue described here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-image-question-signature-appearan...

We are using 3.13 already and only 1 tech has this issue, but they have it consistently. I've had them update the survey and restart Survey123, with no change. I don't know what other steps to take to prevent this from happening.

Edit: To resolve this I had the tech:

• delete this survey
  • delete the Survey123 app
  • reinstall Survey123
  • redownload this survey

I still wonder if there is there any way to "fix" these images? To remove the ugly black border from saved images?

Thanks,

Clay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @CBarrett

This issue was resolved with our 3.13 October update. Just to confirm when your colleague is reinstalling Survey123 are they installing from the devices respective app store or a side loaded copy of the app? If they try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and reinstalling from the respective app store is the same behavior observed? What specific device is this behavior observed with? 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @CBarrett

This issue was resolved with our 3.13 October update. Just to confirm when your colleague is reinstalling Survey123 are they installing from the devices respective app store or a side loaded copy of the app? If they try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and reinstalling from the respective app store is the same behavior observed? What specific device is this behavior observed with? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
CBarrett
New Contributor II

Hi @ZacharySutherby,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think we all use iPads here. Reinstalling from the app store did seem to resolve this issue.

Do you know of a way to remove the black borders from the existing images that were created this way?

Thanks,

Clay

0 Kudos