Select to view content in your preferred language

Signature block - Can't edit once in Inbox

03-12-2018 04:09 PM
deleted-user-YFvHjvl1PtPX
New Contributor II

I have users who are filling out their surveys in the office so they are ready to review the form when they are in the field and people are waiting for them to sign the signature block. However, once they submit from the "Inbox" or save the survey as a "Draft", the signature space is no longer editable when the survey is opened again.

This is a problem when they need to make changes on their form and go to "Submit" but the signature field is required as well. Basically any time a picture field is in a survey and it is sent in one way or another, the attachment (picture) field becomes uneditable.

I need to allow for before and after pictures and signatures to be taken.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jordan,

Signatures are treated as images in Survey123 once they are created. The editing of attachments (images) is not supported via the Inbox. We are currently looking into supporting this functionality, however there is no timeline for release.

Currently the only workaround would be to put your signature questions in a repeat, which means new signatures can be added as a new record in the repeat, without affecting the existing signatures.

Search the GeoNet posts and you can find some workarounds and other suggestions from users that have asked the same thing.

Phil.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-YFvHjvl1PtPX
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response Phil.

If they pre-fill the survey out and save it as a "draft", how come they can't sign the form when they open that draft again?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jordan,

If you are trying to save a survey to drafts that you opened via the Inbox, you still will not be able to edit the signature, as you are still editing an existing record via Inbox.

If you are collecting a new survey via Collect button (not Inbox) then you can save to drafts and edit signature, as it is a new record.

Phil.

0 Kudos