Select to view content in your preferred language

Setting a home location for a map in Survey123 Connect

2 weeks ago
RebecaThornburgA
New Contributor II

I am trying to set the home location and default area view for my survey in Survey123 Connect. My map looks like this: 

RebecaThornburgA_0-1720031883524.png

However, when you fill out the survey it looks like this: 

RebecaThornburgA_1-1720031964377.png

When I hit the home locator the map just goes blue: 

RebecaThornburgA_2-1720031996604.png

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@RebecaThornburgA 

have you adjusted your map location in the connect settings?

RickeyFight_0-1720034871418.png

0 Kudos
RebecaThornburgA
New Contributor II

I have. It shows up correctly in Survey 123 Connect, just not when I publish and try to fill out the survey online.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@RebecaThornburgA You can edit the webmap in portal that displays in the survey123 map.

0 Kudos
RebecaThornburgA
New Contributor II

I do not see that as an option. I have set the lat long in the map tab in Survey123 Connect, but it doesn't translate to the browser. If I do it in Survey123 Connect it works just fine, however, it must be accessible via the web browser.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@RebecaThornburgA 
Its not an option that you can see out of the box. You have to go into your portal or AGOL and look for the map. It gets created when you first publish the survey. From there you can customize the map. You can add other layers or change the basemap.

0 Kudos
RebecaThornburgA
New Contributor II

So I have set the extent from AGOL and I'm getting the same issue. The back end shows the extent correctly, but if you go to fill out the form online, the map does not show the correct extent or home location.

0 Kudos