Select to view content in your preferred language

Select One Questions - Duplicated Options

10-17-2023 12:29 AM
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

I've noticed an intermittent issue where a Select One question will have its options duplicated on a question.  For example, if a question is published with "Yes" and "No" options, when the user opens the form they might see "Yes", "No", "Yes" a second time, then "No" a second time.  Deleting the form and reloading it solves the problem, but I'd prefer to figure out a way to prevent it from happening.  I've had users report this on both Android and iOS across multiple forms, we use Survey123 Connect to publish all of our forms, has anyone else seen this and figured out a way to prevent it?

I'm assuming this is an issue on the mobile devices as opposed to the surveys themselves, since it isn't consistent between users (a newly published survey might look fine for four users, but have this issue for one user) and deleting/reloading the survey solves it.

Thanks!

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MobiusSnake

What version of the Survey123 field app are you using? We had an old issue that caused this and was resolved in 3.14 (current version is 3.18). Is the choice list this is observed on just a standard choice list in the choices worksheet or an external choice list / external select

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Zach, I've definitely seen this on 3.18.  The questions have all used standard choice lists, none of our forms rely on CSVs.  Thanks.

0 Kudos