Select_One questions and conditionally required

Jump to solution
02-21-2019 07:14 AM
GrahamStobie1
New Contributor III

Hi

I'm having problems getting a conditionally required setting to work with a select_one question. It's set up as below - when I 'validate' this in the desktop app it works as it should, but when I test on an iPhone the 'required' condition is ignored, and it allows me to save the survey with 'test1' = 'yes' but 'test2' is left blank. If I change 'test2' to a text question it works as it should on the phone - i.e. I'm not allowed to save the survey when 'test1' = 'yes' and 'test2' is blank. Is this a limitation with conditional requirements and select_one questions? 

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Graham,
Yes, this is currently a limitation with the app. The required expression is only fully implemented for input question types (text, integer and decimal), and only when the control is visible. Otherwise, the required condition won't be honoured. We have an open enhancement request for this functionality and I'll add your comments to it.
Thanks,
Brett

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Graham,
Yes, this is currently a limitation with the app. The required expression is only fully implemented for input question types (text, integer and decimal), and only when the control is visible. Otherwise, the required condition won't be honoured. We have an open enhancement request for this functionality and I'll add your comments to it.
Thanks,
Brett

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Graham,

We have just updated new 3.4 beta builds to EAC which include fixes for required questions when using relevant, constraints, and validation in repeats as well as supporting expression in required column for all question types. Please test it out and let us know if you still have any remaining issues.

You can find the latest 3.4 beta builds here: Survey123 Early Adopter Community

Phil.