Select to view content in your preferred language

Report Map geopoint no longer appearing after updating survey

04-18-2019 07:00 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I updated my survey which has a geopoint within it. I did not change anything about the geopoint within the survey itself (name, etc.).  Now when using the Feature Report ability to print the individual survey results, the geopoint no longer comes out.  I can still see it in the "Data" section of Survey123 online perfectly, and I have tried to redo the report with the exact field in the sample template but it still keeps outputting as the entire world with no geopoint. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Teresa,

Were you using Survey123 Connect or the Survey123 Web Designer to modify your survey? 

Does the same behavior happen when generating a report on other records, or are you selecting the same one each time?  What happens if you submit a new record (for testing) and select that result when generating a report?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brandon,

I am using Survey123 Connect to create the survey. The only things I updated were to add a few new choices within questions that I had and I added a new text (fill-in) question, I did not touch the geopoint question at all. I have tried the report with multiple surveys with the same results. I had been using an older version of Survey123Connect so I have gone ahead and updated to the newest version and republished the survey today. I then submitted a trial report from my own app and attempted to do the report again with the same results in multiple browsers (Chrome and Firefox - I had tried IE previously with same results). I have tried rebuilding the report and even just running the basic template with the same results. I am becoming more than frustrated with a functionality that used to work just fine until I made minor edits in the survey.

r

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Teresa,

I have sent you a private message in GeoNet asking for additional information that will help in determining what is causing the behavior. 

0 Kudos
DarraghO_Sullivan
New Contributor

I seem to have the same thing happening. Report was working fine one day, then made very minor tweaks to the form (not to any geopoint questions) and next day the geopoint questions are not populating. They time out the report generation. When I strip out all geopoint questions the report runs fine, and when I run a test with only a single geopoint question, it fails again. Any advice?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Their (Esri) updates just keep breaking it.  Since the update last week related tables/repeats are preventing report generation.  Unfortunately, we have never found a solution and are rebuilding the reports in the updated versions now that the credit cost has reduced.  During the interim we exported to gdb and created the report in ArcMap - no ideal because the only map you get will be a screenshot added. 

0 Kudos