Report fails with Error Connection timed out

1165
2
Jump to solution
04-07-2023 01:58 PM
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Hi Folks,

I'm going crazy trying to make my reports work again. They were working fine, till I modified some attributes on the custom template. The source of the error seems to be the map setting. If I remove the map tag, the report get generated just fine.

In my custom template, I have this line to make my map show:

${Poligono_Vuelo | map:"588eb299f5b346fcb4143621060c0888" | size:400:300}

Which is a geotrace polygon. The error I receive is (see attached screenshot):

An error occurred while generating reports.
An error occurred when rendering by the report engine. Failed to print map for ${Poligono_Vuelo | map:"588eb299f5b346fcb4143621060c0888" | size:400:300}. Connection timed out after 120000ms

I tried changing the map to another public vector map with no success. I even tried the very basic map option:

${Poligono_Vuelo | size:400:300}

with no success at all.

What is wrong? It was working but now isn't. The problem is the generating the map image on the report. How can I debug the problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Just to reply to my question myself:

I went with ESRI support services and the quick solution was to recreate the hosted feature class from the XLSX file. After that, the very same custom report template that was failing to generate worked again with no issues at all.

It was a faster solution rather than keep looking for what happened to the previous hosted feature class.

Mjss25

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor

Just to reply to my question myself:

I went with ESRI support services and the quick solution was to recreate the hosted feature class from the XLSX file. After that, the very same custom report template that was failing to generate worked again with no issues at all.

It was a faster solution rather than keep looking for what happened to the previous hosted feature class.

Mjss25

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

I've been having a very similar issue for the month or so.  My survey is based on a map service published the our ArcGIS Enterprise platform, with the survey data stored in SDE.  Our survey reports with maps had been working perfectly, then for no reason they stopped working with the error you've described whenever the report contained a map element.

We previously had our surveys on AGOL and I've gone back to that platform, also upgraded Survey123 Connect to 3.18, and re-published a survey with hosted feature layer.. but still the report issue persists.. I can't get the report to complete if the template contains a map element... Very frustrating!

 

0 Kudos