Repeats layout trouble on a Samsung Tab

Jump to solution
09-29-2021 11:00 AM
ÉmilieBerthiaume
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have used the pages-theme grid in order to set up two or more questions side by side in a repeat.  It has worked out fine in the past.  For some unknown reason, I does not presents it self the same way as it used to on my device (Samsumg tablet), but still shows up ok in the preview on Survey Connect.

Here is the preview on survey connect:

Capture.JPG

And here is how it turns out on my device:

Screenshot_20210929-134323_Survey123.jpg

Is there anybody who could help me fix this?  The questions in the repeat are now so small I cannot see the answer in the box.    If it helps, here is the survey Connect forms for those questions:

Capture2.JPG

Thank you,

Émilie Berthiaume

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ÉmilieBerthiaume,

Based on your screenshot, and the changes in 3.13 to nested groups/repeats and grid theme, see linked post by @DougBrowning which has link to updated blog post on grid theme and groups.

You need to change the begin group at the top to w1, then add a nested group directly below it that is w2, this way all the questions inside it will be side by side as they are all w1. Close that newly added group before the repeat. Then set the repeat to w1, with the group inside it being w4, which is ok, as it created 4 columns in the repeat that the questions are split across. That way the repeat will take up the entire width of the survey and the group it is inside of. Those changes should make it look as it did before.

Regards,

Phil. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ÉmilieBerthiaume,

Based on your screenshot, and the changes in 3.13 to nested groups/repeats and grid theme, see linked post by @DougBrowning which has link to updated blog post on grid theme and groups.

You need to change the begin group at the top to w1, then add a nested group directly below it that is w2, this way all the questions inside it will be side by side as they are all w1. Close that newly added group before the repeat. Then set the repeat to w1, with the group inside it being w4, which is ok, as it created 4 columns in the repeat that the questions are split across. That way the repeat will take up the entire width of the survey and the group it is inside of. Those changes should make it look as it did before.

Regards,

Phil. 

ÉmilieBerthiaume
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot to both of you.  I'm always amazed how fast we can get a answer on this forum.  I've changed my form according to your recommandations and it works just fine.

Still, I am wondering which update generated the problem: Is it when my computer updatded Survey connect or is it when my device updated the Survey123 mobile app?  Because I'm a teacher and not all devices presented the problem at the same time.  Also, would there be a way to prevent this in the future by blocking all updates while we are using the forms?  I would appreciate your input on this.

Thanks again,

Émilie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ÉmilieBerthiaume,

Glad you were able to get your survey updated and working as expected now.

As for which update caused the problem, it is the updating of the Survey123 field app to 3.13 that caused the issue. Updating Connect on your computer to 3.13 doesn't change the survey form unless you republish again. Even then, if you had made no changes, the form would have still had issues on devices that updated to 3.13, devices that were still on 3.12 the form would have worked fine.

Now with your changes, devices on both 3.12 and 3.13 should work fine after they update the survey which was republished.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos