Repeat questions - can you carry over data

Jump to solution
01-22-2024 11:36 AM
DamonNelton
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey with a repeat. The repeat portion has several fields. Most of these fields the data that the user needs to input doesn't  change much from the data of the previous repeat entry. Is there a way to pull the data from the previous entry of a repeat so the next entry has default data that the user can then edit only the data fields that have changed.

Is this possible? If so could you please provide a sample of what that looks like in the form.

Thanks for the help, Damon

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately not really.  I have been asking for years.

Only way I got to work was javascript but I can't use it since we have 2 different orgs.

See this post  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/prepopulate-answers-in-a-repeat-with-last-v... 

Big upvote wish we had it.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately not really.  I have been asking for years.

Only way I got to work was javascript but I can't use it since we have 2 different orgs.

See this post  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/prepopulate-answers-in-a-repeat-with-last-v... 

Big upvote wish we had it.  

DamonNelton
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Doug, that's what I expected was the case. Just wishful hoping that someone had a solution. Got a crew where it takes longer to complete the form them the task they are documenting. 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea we got this a lot where they are walking a line and most of the time its all the same.  Our Access app has a simple same as last button.  Been trying for almost 6 years to get it in 123.  I agree the number 1 compliant we get on 123 is it is a bit slow and clunky.  We even invited 123 team out to collect with us to see how slow it can be but that got derailed.  It has to get faster at some point.  Too many taps.  Need to do some serious usability testing.

0 Kudos