"This Page Isn't Responding"

08-20-2021 02:29 PM
RobertGeitner
New Contributor III

I am trying to extract some data from the Survey123 website and I am getting a couple different errors when trying to load data, "Pages Unresponsive" or "This Page Isn't Responding".  Any help would be appreciated. 

5 Replies
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Are you trying to export from the data tab or creating reports? There have been some time-out errors that have been recently covered on other threads you may want to read into. Internet connectivity may also be a factor, ensure your connection is stable when downloading data. Also keeping your device you use to the latest update will help curb these errors if they happen a lot. Most of this can be done on the settings side of Survey123 or your device settings. Otherwise we would need more context to be able to pin down a specific problem for you. Perhaps listing which errors and what error codes you get would be a good start?

Hope this helps,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
RobertGeitner
New Contributor III

We were trying to both export the data, and edit existing data. I do not believe it to be a connectivity issue, as it did not work in the office, at home, and my colleague received the same issue at her home office. No edits were made to this survey for 4 months.  No changes to the feature layer, or edits to survey in Connect.  No changes were made in the settings, nothing.  The survey is located here https://survey123.arcgis.com/surveys/ad63f7280d924de1bc5f2fd7f30b5a62/overview, and the issue was noted last week and still seems to be persisting, either with an error message or just freezing when I go to the data tab. 

GIS_Fox

Hi @RobertGeitner , ok, that's a good start. The link states the survey is non-existant or inaccessible. I am assuming it is shared privately or at organization level. It could be a layer associated with the survey was deleted at some point.

Therefore, without know much more, let's assume it exists still and would be functional...

What version are you working out of? More specifically, when was it last updated overall, eg is it on automatic OS update or is it set to use version it was made on? This can be found and edited in the survey123 settings tab on the far right on the header. I would suggest starting there and if the survey permits to keep it on latest version.

After this, I would look into device compatibility with Survey123 and device updates. Ensuring it would actually work on the devices you have can be critical.

Also, be sure to check share level settings in your ArcGIS Online account. If it is shared too freely someone could easily access and change things without your knowing. 

Lastly, unless there is latent data not sent from the inbox, it may be good to unload the app and redownload it with a full purge of your local temporary cache and browser cache. Multiple overlapping cookies and histories can bog down items and cause ESRI products to freeze.

Hopefully this helps knock out a few items to help narrow down your list of issues to check against. Without seeing more I am not sure what else I can suggest. Eager to hear what you find.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
RobertGeitner
New Contributor III

It is shared with the USFS at organization level. It is not a layer associated with the survey was deleted at some point, as the survey functioned for months correctly, and no changes were made. 

It was published with the latest version.

It shouldn't be a device issue, as no one can access it via survey123, and some of our laptops are brand new.  We have also tried to access it via Chrome browser, and IE.

All of our FS field devices used to collect the data are on Android 8 OS or better, and our iOS devices are current as well. 

It is not shared to freely. I am an AGOL admin, and do not allow editing of the survey, only the data you the collector collects. 

I guess the only thing I have to check would be the latent data not sent from the inbox, however, the issue we are facing isn't a mobile issue, but a Survey123.arcgis.com (browser) issue.  I can still open and send surveys just find, just not access the data.

GIS_Fox

I would therefor suggest opening a ticket with ESRI technical support in case it is a server or organizational level problem. Data access is an odd one, I wouldn't know where to start on the support side of that but tech support would for sure. Other than that, refreshing your temporary local files, keeping the system clean with plenty of extra room for processing would be my only other suggestion. Since it hasn't resolved itself I would definitely go the tech support route, but retaining or building best practices like these would definitely help curb any further chances for errors. I'm eager to hear what your next step is an if tech support is able to resolve it. I'd also be happy to hear from other members of the ESRI community, especially if it is not a single organization issue.

Best regards,

0 Kudos