"The survey does not exist or is not accessible". Error

Jump to solution
09-04-2021 04:39 AM
WalterSimonazzi_VicPol
New Contributor III

We have S123 connected to our Portal. I created a form in S123 web designer. The form is shared across the organisation and it’s working ok.

The problem is when I tried to access the designer, it doesn’t allow me to access the form. Error below. The user you see in the snapshots below is the owner of the survey.

I need a hand with this. This survey is in production and I have all Victoria Police starting to contribute to it.

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol_0-1630755307905.jpeg

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol_1-1630755320072.jpeg

@Anonymous User 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WalterSimonazzi_VicPol
New Contributor III

I received an email from @Ruth_JiatengXu that explains how to fix the issue. Email below. 

Hi Walter,

According to the HAR files you provided, we found that the form item and the feature service are placed in different folders as you can see in the screenshot and explanation at the end of this email.

So the bulk upload process might not be the cause of this issue. I am wondering have you tried to move the source feature service to other folder? Or move the form item to different places?

If this is the correct cause, then move the feature service and views back to the form item’s folder should fix the problem.

Here is the step to fix the issue:

1. Search for folder Survey-CommunityCCTV folder
  2. Select your source feature service (Community CCTV cameras), fieldworker view (Community CCTV cameras_fieldworker), and stakeholder view (Community CCTV cameras_stakeholder)
  3. Click on the Move button
  4. Move the selected items to Survey-CommunityCCTV folder (Please make sure the Form item named Community CCTV cameras is the target folder)

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol_0-1631503605483.jpeg

View solution in original post

7 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@WalterSimonazzi_VicPol  are you saying that you're trying to edit a survey form that someone else is the owner of? Do you have admin rights on your user role to do that?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @WalterSimonazzi_VicPol,

Are you trying to modify the survey design via web designer? Was the survey originally created by web designer or by Survey123 Connect?

Are you the original owner/author of the survey? If not, has the ownership been shared from the original owner/author with the account you are currently trying to use?

Pelase refer to following documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/sharesurvey.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_E19915B9886...

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
WalterSimonazzi_VicPol
New Contributor III

I created he survey via Web Designer using the user PRD*** (the user displayed in the first snapshot). This user is the owner of the form and the feature service.

I shared the form internally and they are currently using it. I'm receiving data and can see it coming in the feature service.

What I would like to do now is to use the "Analyse" and "Data" sections to analyse the data and visualise what I'm receiving from my users (I don't want to modify anything from the form, it's already in production).

Just right after I created the form I was able to access to Data and Analyse and see the data I was receiving, then it stops working. 

Between when it was working and when it stops working I bulk upload some data to the feature service using ArcGIS Pro. After the bulk update the feature service was and is working all ok, no issues with it but the form is now inaccessible. 

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol_0-1630995714408.png

When I log in using the PRD*** user and click on "Data or "Analyse" buttons (well, on any of the options under the form), I get the error below: 

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol_1-1630890583630.png

The form and the feature service are owned by the user I mentioned above.

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol_2-1630890854014.png

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @WalterSimonazzi_VicPol 

Have you republished this survey before encountering this issue, like adding "<" or ">" to the default value field? Since there is an known issue which can lead to similar condition when you add "<" or ">" in the default value field.

If this is not the case, could you please send the network recording HAR file to my email jxu@esri.com so that we can identify the cause of it?

1. Please open your developer tools by pressing F12, go to network tab

2. While the developer tool is opened, visit the analyze page and data that you encountered the error

3. Save the network request as HAR file

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1630925345977.png

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
WalterSimonazzi_VicPol
New Contributor III

Thank you @Ruth_JiatengXu I'll do it now. 

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol
New Contributor III

I received an email from @Ruth_JiatengXu that explains how to fix the issue. Email below. 

Hi Walter,

According to the HAR files you provided, we found that the form item and the feature service are placed in different folders as you can see in the screenshot and explanation at the end of this email.

So the bulk upload process might not be the cause of this issue. I am wondering have you tried to move the source feature service to other folder? Or move the form item to different places?

If this is the correct cause, then move the feature service and views back to the form item’s folder should fix the problem.

Here is the step to fix the issue:

1. Search for folder Survey-CommunityCCTV folder
  2. Select your source feature service (Community CCTV cameras), fieldworker view (Community CCTV cameras_fieldworker), and stakeholder view (Community CCTV cameras_stakeholder)
  3. Click on the Move button
  4. Move the selected items to Survey-CommunityCCTV folder (Please make sure the Form item named Community CCTV cameras is the target folder)

WalterSimonazzi_VicPol_0-1631503605483.jpeg

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I had the same issue and this Esri support article helped me solve it:
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/error-the-survey-does-not-exist-or-is-not-accessible-0...

In case other people come across this or need to search for it, I'm adding these search operators:

Error:   
error?errorCode=survey11
Error:   
error?errorCode=survey11:1 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://machineName.domain.com/portal/sharing/rest/generateToken?f=json' from origin 'https://survey123.arcgis.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: The 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header contains multiple values 'https://survey123.arcgis.com, *', but only one is allowed.
0 Kudos