"Survey Recovered" pop up action buttons off the screen

Jump to solution
09-17-2019 10:26 AM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

I am having an issue with one of the forms I created. When the app is closed midway through a survey the "Survey Recovered" popup is filled with text from a long calculate field in the form to the point the "Discard survey" and "Continue Survey" buttons are not visible. I have found no way to continue with Survey123 without uninstalling the app and deleting all the folders associated with Survey123. Any solution to this problem would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentKinal1

Solved the problem, I set a value in the instance_name field on the settings tab and that is now all that populates the "Survey Recovered" popup box.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brent,

Could you take a screenshot of the issue you mentioned above?

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

Here is what I get...I have two land owner consent request in the form that they sign and all of the text shows up in the recovery popup.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brent,

What version of the field app you are using? With current version of the field app, the options we provided is "Send Now", "Send later" and "Continue this survey."

I do not see "Recovered survey" option with recent version of survey123 field app. Have you tried the latest version of Survey123 field app to see if you still encounter the same error?

Thanks,

Shwu-Jing

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

Hi Shwu-Jing,

I am using the current version (3.5.177), the issue is the popup that comes up after reopening the Survey123 app after it was closed prior to completing a survey (swiping active app to close on Android while the survey is still open and not saved). The problem is that it in the case of this survey it fills with all the text from a note/calculate field which pushes the "Discard survey" and "Continue survey" buttons off the page leaving no way to close the popup box, see example of screen shot of another survey where the recover survey box is not filled with text. I am guessing this is a bug or at least a permutation the developers didn't think of, I am just trying to figure out if there is a way to layout the form that would prevent all the text from filling the box. This is probably a issue that would have a rather low incidence of occurrence, but if it does occur it becomes a major hassle.

e

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

Solved the problem, I set a value in the instance_name field on the settings tab and that is now all that populates the "Survey Recovered" popup box.