Select to view content in your preferred language

Question (ESRI Survey123 related)

02-02-2024 02:13 AM
miyonfaga
New Contributor

I made a survey assignment which was responded to 280 times, the only problem i have is when i started looking at the results all my entries (people were asked to click a specific location on the map) are defaulted to the 0,0 coordinate which happens to be somewhere of the coast off africa. I am for 100% sure this is not the location all entries where submitted to and i fear the error may have been from my side(altough i am not sure what i have done wrong)
Is there anyway to find the correct coordinates (of the correct location ) and what did i do wrong to get this result so i can learn from this in the future?

Thanks for anyone's time reading and or trying to anwser this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Unfortunately the location data is likely unretrievable.  It's hard to say what happened, but it sounds like the locations were left at their default values; perhaps the map wasn't visible, or the question wasn't properly linked to the feature layer's geometry.  (Edit to add - if it's a web form, is it possible that you have a hidden geometry question, and your users didn't allow their location to be accessed by the browser?)

In the future I'd recommend testing your survey with a variety of devices and browsers before distributing it.  For example if it's a web form, try submitting records from a few different browsers on a PC, then try a few different browsers from phones as well.

For now, you'll want to do this type of testing anyway, to see whether you can re-create the issue when sending in the form yourself.  That will help you figure out where the issue is.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Agreed. Data is most likely irretrievable.

There are some methods of getting x,y such as geocoding an address if you have that. But nothing really that easy or straight-forward.

0 Kudos