Publish Updated Form but not Schema

08-18-2016 08:27 AM
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

I made a schema and form change to an existing survey (added a new column) and published this change.  I was expecting the typical warning that the schema will change and data will be lost, but instead I got the 'Survey will be published without affecting existing data'.  I published the survey and then investigated the results.  I noticed that the form had a new timestamp, but the feature layer did not.

When testing the form contains the new question and input, and submits successfully to the feature layer, but the new data does not have a column in the feature layer, so that data does not get captured.  

How did I get the form and feature layer out of sync?  I have experienced this issue with other surveys in the past few days, is this an issue with my management of the surveys or a known bug?

Thanks for any input.

- Jake

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jake,

What type of field did you add?  Is this AGOL or Portal? 

0 Kudos
PabloRios
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I am working with Survey123 and I have a question, in geoforms I am able to select a location using a search option or a latitud longitud option. 

In survey123 in my Excel i use geopoint to select location but this use Lat/Lon.is it possible in Survey123 use a search option? geolocator?geosearch?geoaddress?

Thanks,

Pablo Rios

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pablo,

Currently we don't have geosearch included in the options to provide locations.  If there are a limited number of places, you could create a lookup table and calculate the point from that- see this blog post.

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

Sorry for the delayed response.  This publish was to AGOL.  I new question was added to the survey.  My guess is that the cause is my management of the Survey, really just looking to see if any others have experienced this issue.  Management of Surveys through a Dev, Test and Production environment is something that we are struggling with.

0 Kudos