Public Survey123 will not allow user to submit a survey using cellular data

07-21-2022 11:00 AM
aaaker
by
New Contributor

I have several surveys that were created using Survey123 Connect. They are intended for use by the public so sharing settings are set accordingly. Everything works smoothly if the user is on wifi, but if they load the survey using cellular data, the error "You do not have permission to submit this survey record. The feature service for this survey does not exist or is not accessible" shows at the top and they are unable to submit.

I can't emphasize enough that it all works on wifi - so I don't think there is a missing feature service nor is it a permissions issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @aaaker

Is this behavior observed with all surveys or just one specific one? Are your surveys published to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise? Does submission work on any WiFi connection or a specific WiFi connection? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
aaaker
by
New Contributor

Yes it's observed on all my surveys that are shared publicly. I tested today on a different wifi connection (home instead of public work wifi) and I get the same error. It still works on the work wifi.

The surveys are published in ArcGIS Enterprise. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @aaaker

Thank you for confirming, based on that it seems your ArcGIS Server is likely behind your organizations firewall and is not accessible over the internet (at least the REST endpoint for the feature service). If you're able to access the survey outside of your works WiFi it seems the ArcGIS Portal is accessible over the internet meaning the survey form item is accessible outside the intranet, but not the feature service that the survey needs to submit to. I would suggest reaching out to your IT or the folks who administer the ArcGIS Enterprise organization to see if the ArcGIS Server can be made accessible over the internet. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos