Select to view content in your preferred language

Public Survey123 Connect form which needs to be Accessible for all users including through a screen reader and keyboard

12-06-2023 09:49 AM
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

I am creating a public Survey123 Connect form which needs to be Accessible for all users including through a screen reader and keyboard navigation. Our accessibility audit found several critical issues. However, I don't know if these can be addressed in the XML sheet when it is loaded into the Survey123 app. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1) I've organized the survey in several sections using the "group" type. The issue is the buttons to expand/collapse each section are unlabeled displayed in the web browser. (Critical – 4.1.2)

2) I've also enabled a "guidance_hint" to provide more details about the question. When a checkbox is selected which triggers the display of Details Definition expandable buttons, information in this section appears to be tagged as another language as speech pronunciation is not standard English. The definition text also does not display on a refreshable braille display. [JAWS only] (Critical – 3.1.2)

3) I've added a place to submit a picture using the "image" type. Once a file is uploaded, there is an unlabeled button when displayed in a web browser. (Critical – 3.3.2)

4) In some multiline edit fields read back the entire contents of the field every time a character is typed. (Suggested)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

I don't have any good answers for you, unfortunately, but wanted to take a sec to say thank you for considering the accessibility needs of users. These issues are still present everywhere and I think it's important that we point out issues like this when they exist. You rock.

0 Kudos