Public survey, error 404 Not Found, The specified key does not exist

07-10-2020 08:28 AM
EduardoC_
New Contributor II

Hello, I have a public survey created with Survey123, people were able to submit answers until yesterday, it started to appear an error when opening the link of the survey in the browser, the error says 404 Not found, Code: NoSuchKey, Message: The specified key does not exist; as you can see in the attachment.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eduardo,

Are you still having this issue? If so can you provide more information? 

Are you using AGO or Enterprise, and if Enterprise what version of Portal and how is it configured?

What version of Survey123 Connect are you using, or are you using Web designer?

Did any changes occur to the folder, feature service, or form item in your organization content? Have permissions changed, groups or items been moved?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MelanieWawryk
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User Could you look at the error below please? I believe the error points to a problem on the AGOL cloud servers, likely  an indexing issue. It has since been fixed with no intervention on our side. If you look at the error it points to a host not finding the key (the survey). The host is given by the HostID and that host is one of Esri Inc cloud hosts. This message would come up 25% of the time, the rest of the time the survey came up and was fully functional. If the servers are load-balanced it would explain why it would work 75% of the time. Please take a look at the error and confirm that you would interpret it the same way?

We had a similar thing happen about 5 years ago with open data, it took ages to get to Esri inc and in the end, it was an indexing issue on the cloud side, it was manually reindexed and it was fine. 

I just need confirmation on what the error means so we can document the outage.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MelanieWawryk,

I am not sure on the cause of the exact error message below, but it does appear it could be related to an issue with the ArcGIS Online cloud service, that may have been caused by a service interruption. 

As I don't have access to the ArcGIS Online server logs and organization details that you are using, I would strongly recommend you contact Esri Support, and your support case will go through to the AGO server team, and they can look into the specifics of the issue you encountered, which includes looking into the server logs, any service interruptions or outages with the cloud servers that may have occurred at that time you are mentioning below.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MelanieWawryk

Thank you, I'm in Canada and you saved a ton of back and forth of trying to replicate the issue locally prior to it being sent to the Esri Inc AGO server team. Hopefully, this will satisfy local support to allow it to move forward.

0 Kudos
MelanieWawryk

We started experiencing the same type of thing today. It is intermittent and only on some devices but the devices are random so iOS and some Android devices work, others don't, some work some times others not at all. We are using Survey123 Connect V3.11.123 on a feature service on AGOL but using a 10.8.1 oracle geodatabase in the feature service. feature service and survey are public. I have a support call in and will post if they find a solution. esri error.jpg

0 Kudos
MelanieWawryk

I suspect it might be an indexing issue on one of the host cloud servers, it seems the error can't find the survey (the key). I would assume more than one server serves up these services and is load balanced so a poor index on one server would explain the intermittent issue but not why some people can not get to it at all.

When I look at the incoming data between midnight and 1:30 pm today we are at 483 screenings and yesterday same time frame was 642 so for sure we are missing people but about three-quarters are able to get to the survey. Very strange and frustrating. 

0 Kudos
MelissaJ_TX
New Contributor II

Just experienced the same issue and there appeared to be a single corrupted/missing file on a local node of AWS Cloudfront that's used by the Survey123 website. Ours was only a partial outage based on which node the cellular and internet providers were directed to. Had to work extensively with Support to find the right teams to refresh the cache on that specific AWS Cloudfront server node successfully.

0 Kudos
ChipBrown1
New Contributor III

This "no such key" error message appeared for one of our surveys today. It appears that a call to support is required to get this addressed?  Any other options?

ChipBrown1_0-1617625212054.png

0 Kudos
MelissaJ_TX
New Contributor II

We had to put in a support ticket. The S123 Webform/AGOL team had to force a cache update to the local AWS Cloudfront server that was impacted with the missing/corrupted S123 Webform file.