Problem with select_one list after upgrading field app

303
4
Jump to solution
03-11-2021 04:03 AM
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

I have just updated my field app (Apple) to the latest version (3.12.274). I was using the app and all was fine, I then updated and immediately one of my select_one drop down lists no longer works. It is the third in a set of three select_one lists which are linked. The survey question no longer presents the drop down list and nothing can be entered into the box.

I have tested the same version on my desktop and found the same behaviour. The drop-down lists work as expected in Survey123 Connect.

Regards,

Grant

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Contributor

Hello @GrantBenn1

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! I've taken a look at it and on the Choices worksheet column D has a column header of "group" which is a SQLite reserved keyword. Once I changed it to pv_group and updated the choice filter for the DistrictMunicipality, MetroMunicipality, and LocalMunicipality questions the choice filters worked as expected. 

Thank you, 

Zach 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Contributor

Hello @GrantBenn1

Would I be able to obtain a copy of the XLSForm for testing on my end to take a deeper look into the behavior? 

Once behavior we have noted with the 3.12 release is if a column header used in a cascading select uses a SQLite reserved keyword the cascading select won't work. Please check your cascading selects in the XLSForm to confirm that none of the column headers use any of the reserved keywords. 

Thank you, 

Zach

0 Kudos
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Hi Zachary,

Thanks a lot for the reply. From what I can see the issue is not due to the use of a SQLite reserved keyword. I have attached the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Grant

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Contributor

Hello @GrantBenn1

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! I've taken a look at it and on the Choices worksheet column D has a column header of "group" which is a SQLite reserved keyword. Once I changed it to pv_group and updated the choice filter for the DistrictMunicipality, MetroMunicipality, and LocalMunicipality questions the choice filters worked as expected. 

Thank you, 

Zach 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
GrantBenn1
New Contributor III

Thanks Zachary. I didn't look at that area for keywords. I have made the changes as you suggested and everything is working again as expected.

Thanks a heap for the help.

0 Kudos