Power Automate "When A Survey Response Is Submitted"

Jump to solution
06-21-2023 01:35 PM
ToddHill
New Contributor II

I'm sure this isn't new but I recently noticed that after I created a connection between a Survey123 survey and Power Automate the survey name in the "When a survey response is submitted" changed from the original name to a long string of number and letters. Can anyone explain to me why this happened? I guess good thing is it didn't screw up the connection and I'm still able submit rows to a spreadsheet that is on a SharePoint site.

I attached a screenshot for a refernce.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
beachcamp
New Contributor III

I find the connection between power automate and survey123 to sometimes feel quite tenuous, especially when the survey is updated.

That being said I have seen the same thing. I'm not sure why, but sometimes power automate changes the survey name in "When A Survey Response Is Submitted" to the "id" of your survey. 

If you go to Survey123 and open your survey, look at the address bar in your browser. There will be a long string of numbers and letters. I expect this will be the same as what you are seeing in power automate.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ToddHill

This is the identification number (ItemID) for your survey in your ArcGIS content. If Power Automate is displaying the ItemID this typically indicates that the token used in the connection to your ArcGIS organization has expired. Since your flow is continuing to run that contradicts the connection having an expired token, but if you start to see your flow fail to run the first thing to check would be to refresh the connection to your ArcGIS Organization. To do this in Power Automate select the drop down for Data and select Connections. For the Survey123 connector select the three dots in the middle of the table and select Switch account. From there you will be able to reenter your credentials to your ArcGIS organization and your flow will run with the updated token. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
beachcamp
New Contributor III

I find the connection between power automate and survey123 to sometimes feel quite tenuous, especially when the survey is updated.

That being said I have seen the same thing. I'm not sure why, but sometimes power automate changes the survey name in "When A Survey Response Is Submitted" to the "id" of your survey. 

If you go to Survey123 and open your survey, look at the address bar in your browser. There will be a long string of numbers and letters. I expect this will be the same as what you are seeing in power automate.

0 Kudos
ToddHill
New Contributor II

Awesome!

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

Todd

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ToddHill

This is the identification number (ItemID) for your survey in your ArcGIS content. If Power Automate is displaying the ItemID this typically indicates that the token used in the connection to your ArcGIS organization has expired. Since your flow is continuing to run that contradicts the connection having an expired token, but if you start to see your flow fail to run the first thing to check would be to refresh the connection to your ArcGIS Organization. To do this in Power Automate select the drop down for Data and select Connections. For the Survey123 connector select the three dots in the middle of the table and select Switch account. From there you will be able to reenter your credentials to your ArcGIS organization and your flow will run with the updated token. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
ToddHill
New Contributor II

Thanks Zach I appreciate the time,

Todd

0 Kudos