Select to view content in your preferred language

Power Automate missing fields

04-27-2020 08:38 AM
LindseyStone
Frequent Contributor

I'm trying to create a power automate workflow using a Survey 123 form and I seem to be missing fields in the dynamic content when connected to the form.  I want to insert the "creationdate" field that is automatically created within the layer and I don't see that.  I see the global IDs and other fields that is auto created for the layer but not creation date.

The other thing is I have a drop down with an other, where the person than can type in the other info.  In the layer fields the field that contains the drop downs is "type_water_issue" and then if a user selects Other in that field, then what the user types in as a value is saved in the "water_issue_other" field.  I can easily shows both fields in table view of arcgis online and display on pops and what not.  However in the power automate dynamic content list only "type_water_issue" is being an option.  So what the user typed in is not coming across to my google documents.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lindsey,

The CreationDate field is part of the Feature Layer's built-in editor tracking fields.  The Survey123 webhook only supplies the data as submitted by the application; this is semi-independent of the data in the table and doesn't have direct access to that field.  You could include a datetime (or metadata start or end field) to provide a value that would serve the same purpose.

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Frequent Contributor

Thanks James, I was suspecting that was the case in creation date field.

But what about the Other field not showing up?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lindsey,

I can see an issue when using the 'or_other' syntax to automatically generate an 'Other' choice. I've noted it as an issue to address in the future.  It would be helpful if you could also file an issue with Esri Technical Support so this could be tracked as other other customers encounter it.

0 Kudos