Portal name in the connection settings

12-18-2023 11:48 AM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I had a problem signing into Survey123 after we upgraded our portal to 11.1, then Zach helped me clear the connection settings and I was able to add the new portal connection, and sign in. But the new portal connection doesn't show the portal name in the connection settings and button on the start page.

YukoYokozawa_0-1702928189341.png 

YukoYokozawa_0-1702928811596.png

The portal name shows up in this menu

I checked the portal settings and the name in the Organization Profile is set, but it doesn't show up on the sign-in button. Is this fixable?

I posted this question in the comment section of my last question, but I think this should be a new question, so I posted this separately. Zach asked me what's the "name" in the portal JSON, and it was "null".

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

SAML is done from the Portal:

1. Organization
  2. Settings
  3. Security
  4. Scroll down to Logins
  5. Click "Configure login"
    abureaux_0-1702932391429.png

There is also a registry setting to set the name which I use exclusively now:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISSurvey123]
"portalName"="Pinchin Ltd."

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I checked the SAML login, and it has the Name in it. For the registry edit, do all the users who use Survey123 need to edit it? I think it's difficult to do it.

YukoYokozawa_0-1702934433129.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

For the registry, yes. All users need the reg settings. I had IT push the reg settings corporately. There are more settings then just the Portal Name that you can set, and I find it all to be a massive QOL improvement for both me and my users.

Okay, so your SAML connection has "Gas GIS Enterprise - Test". Good to know. Since your login screen has a different name, that means your default of "Gas GIS Enterprise - Test" is being overridden. This is the same behaviour you see when specifying a Portal Name in the registry settings (i.e., it would override the Portal Name specified in your screen cap).

That leads me to believe that you are overriding the Portal Name somewhere. I would at least check the Registry Settings in case it somehow got set there. But if it isn't there, it's presumably been set in Portal Admin... but honestly, I'm not sure where it would be set there if that's the case.

EDIT: On the off chance this is helpful, I found: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-portal-questions/portal-login-returns-machine-name/m...

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I checked the registry, and there was no ArcGISSurvey123.

YukoYokozawa_0-1702945597540.png

I checked each line and couldn't find "Portal Name" there. I'll talk to my IT guy here. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ya. I figured it was a slim chance it was a reg setting. Unless you have someone else setting stuff up for you, it's a super specific thing and wouldn't just randomly be set.

I am betting on some setting in Portal Admin.

0 Kudos