Populate Survey123 Form via Field Maps (App, not web)

Jump to solution
05-04-2021 03:06 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi S123 Community,

I've posted this in the Field Maps boards, but no reply. Wasn't sure if someone here might know how to help me. Sorry in advance for the double up.

What is the best way to pre-populate a Survey123 form link (which would be opened up via a polygon pop-up in Field Maps) in a TABLET? I want to carry over the GUID from the polygon to the Survey123 form to be filled out in a TABLET. I've found you can do this through the form widget in Experience Builder, but the team is out in the field half the time and needs to be able to do this not in a web browser/offline.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor

@Kevin_McIntyre  That's it!  Same url schema as in Collector:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=ItemIDSurveyForm&field:FieldNameInSurvey123={FieldNameInFieldMaps}

Italicized portions should be replaced with your item/feature class specific values.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Kevin_McIntyre
New Contributor III

Is this what you're looking for? 

You can link to Survey123 with other apps and you should be able to carry over attributes from a feature in one app to populate survey questions in survey123. The caveat is that I'm not sure if this functionality has been added to Field Maps yet. 

Also, Field Maps does have smart form capabilities now for related tables/inspection forms which can be pretty similar Survey 123 forms if you wanted to go that route. 

iHack
by
New Contributor III

Any idea if this can be done in Quick Capture?

0 Kudos
SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor

@Kevin_McIntyre  That's it!  Same url schema as in Collector:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=ItemIDSurveyForm&field:FieldNameInSurvey123={FieldNameInFieldMaps}

Italicized portions should be replaced with your item/feature class specific values.

elpinguino

Thanks both @SolanaFoo2 and @Kevin_McIntyre . That worked! Sofoo, the way you explained it really helped. I'd already read a bunch of post/articles, but it hadn't been as clear to me as the way you laid it out.

I have another easy win for you guys. Now that I've added in the link as text in the pop-up, I notice only the link is appearing in Field Map mobile. All the other fields in the pop-up have disappeared... And then, when I remove the text (which contains the link) in Field Map web/desktop, all the fields appear again in the mobile version. Field Maps on web/desktop looks perfectly normal, but it's bugging out on mobile. Both are online. Haven't moved over to offline yet. Yes, I'm saving in Map Viewer. I'll try starting from scratch and creating a new map/adding the layers, but if you know of another solution, I'd be keen to hear.

SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor

That's great, you figured out the text option!  I noticed the same behavior as you too.  One way to access the rest of the fields is to add the field to the text input by using curly braces:

sofoo_1-1620228200705.png

elpinguino

That's cool. Good work around... I like the nice table format from the fields list though.

Is this a known bug that when you add a link in a Text content, all the other contents you've added (ie Fields list) disappear?

0 Kudos
SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if it is by design or if it is a bug?

0 Kudos
ArielRetuta
New Contributor

Where in Field Maps do you configure the pop-up with the URL? 

0 Kudos
SolanaFoo2
Occasional Contributor
@ArielRetuta It is in the pop up settings, you will add a Text content.
[cid:image001.jpg@01D7CCAA.18E7F3C0]
0 Kudos