Populate Select_One list from feature service

Jump to solution
10-07-2020 05:45 AM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Is it possible to populate a select_one list from attributes retrieved from a feature service?  I assume I will need to use a custom javascript function to get the data.  I have been doing a lot of reading and I can't find a definitive answer that says if this is possible or not.  I'd like to pull the values of a two fields.  One field would be the label ("Name") shown on the survey and the other would be the value ("GUID") that would be submitted with the survey.

A second part to this is... If this is possible, can this be executed when the survey opens?   I'd like this list to be the first item a user chooses from when they start the survey.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
27 Replies
NicoleParsons
New Contributor

Hello! I am trying to utilize this solution for a select_one dynamic list pulled from a feature service I need three columns pulled for the choices and the external document  cannot be modified as it is updated on the back end. I am missing something in my xls sheet setup/expressions, I have not been able to successfully troubleshoot from the links you provided. If you can help Id be very appreciative. I also need to understand what to input in the choices sheet.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @NicoleParsons,

What type of file are you linking to for the linked content for the select one? Is the file in the correct format for an external choice list?

Are you able to provide an example of your XLSForm (xlsx file and media folder files) and also the linked content file you have hosted?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
NicoleParsons
New Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ! Thank you so much foir your quick response. I cannot provide a file for you unfortunately, those are my parameters and am looking for generic solution assistance to plug in my values. Please let me know if you think this can be done.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @NicoleParsons,

If you are unable to share the XLSForm and additional files, I would suggest contacting Esri Support or working through this issue with your account manager, as without the files and repro data, it will be hard to troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Phil.

NicoleParsons
New Contributor

Hello @AndrewBowne were you able to get this to work?

0 Kudos
NirmalOjha1
New Contributor III

@NicoleParsons , it works. If you can't provide the sample file to @Anonymous User, then its difficult to know what or where the issue is. You can send the file with private message if you don't want to share the file publicly.

DerekJuracek3
New Contributor

Hello, just wanted to check again, has this feature been implemented yet? Thank you,

0 Kudos
HeatherBell
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I believe if you scroll back a while there is a solution. 

HeatherBell_0-1704450198379.png

GIS Analyst @ The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos