Select to view content in your preferred language

Populate geopoint location with x,y location of another feature

Jump to solution
10-12-2023 03:34 PM
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings,

I am sure I have seen some guidance on this but cannot locate via search.

We have a survey built in Connect. The survey has the geopoint question. Two fields in the survey are auto-populated from an entirely different feature using this workflow: Announcing a handy tool to generate Survey123 URLs - Esri Community

When the button is selected it opens the associated S123 form and two of the survey fields (questions) are populated with data from the other feature. We want the geopoint to also grab the location of the same feature that auto-populates the other questions. Maybe a pulldata in the calc field??

Can some one please point us towards any guidance or provide some insight? Can submit a support case but was hoping that we can find the answer or close to answer in the community somewhere.

Any takers??? 🙂 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi! There a number of resources to help you with this:

• This help topic describes how to use the center parameter to set the geopoint question in your survey
  • The trick here is to be able dynamically populate the XY coordinates of your map feature.  Follow this Tech Support article to learn how to do that with Arcade.

I recorded this video to put it all together.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi! There a number of resources to help you with this:

• This help topic describes how to use the center parameter to set the geopoint question in your survey
  • The trick here is to be able dynamically populate the XY coordinates of your map feature.  Follow this Tech Support article to learn how to do that with Arcade.

I recorded this video to put it all together.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool

Thank you Ismael!! Looking forward to viewing the video and putting my professionally guided skills to the test!

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool

Tested this on two different maps with multiple buttons in each popup linked to S123 Connect forms. Works like a champ.

Thanks for providing this guidance Ismael. 🙂

0 Kudos