Select to view content in your preferred language

Points to Line in Survey123 Web Form

Jump to solution
04-19-2023 12:23 PM
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I would like to have a survey123 web form a user can input two coordinates and have a line created between the two points with the line distance shown.

I found this post from several years ago that had a link to the Lines and Polygons sample in ArcGIS Survey123.

I published the sample survey and just tried in the web browser, but it looks like the web form functionality is not there (just is hanging up with message 'This is a read-only question', however it works on the mobile app.

Is there a work around now years later?

Ideally I would have Survey123 form in Experience Builder with the functionality for the user to enter in coordinates in the survey form, have the points show in the Experience Builder map and then a line drawn based on the 2 entered points with a distance calculated. 

I have seen demos of data collected on the EB map that gets sent to the survey form, but is it also possible to have the data entered into the survey form within survey widget show on the EB map and not in the survey form map? Thanks!

Any suggestions for how to achieve this in a web browser are much appreciated. Hopefully I'm just missing something.

WebForm_CreateLinesFromPoints.jpg

Thanks,

Kathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @kmsmikrud

Unfortunately, geotrace/geoshape questions don't support calculations in the web app. This is logged as ENH-000141099, please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support to be attached to the Enhancement and follow updates on the feature. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @kmsmikrud

Unfortunately, geotrace/geoshape questions don't support calculations in the web app. This is logged as ENH-000141099, please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support to be attached to the Enhancement and follow updates on the feature. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Thank-you @ZacharySutherby for confirming that geotrace/geoshape are not supported in the web app. I will follow up with tech support for the Enhancement.

I am just learning to use the Survey123 widget within EB, is it possible to show points in the EB map as a person enters them into the survey123 form? We are looking for a way to visualize/quality control of coordinates provided to Biologists. Basically they want to type in coordinates and have them show on a map (no need to save the points). There are start/stop points and I have a survey123 form set up for them to enter the coordinates and currently the points populate in the survey123 form map as they are entering data, but would rather these points show on the larger EB map. 

Ideally a line would be drawn between the start/stop points but that is not available yet. I added this to my original post above.

Thanks for any insights

0 Kudos