Pass Global ID from Collector to G

01-25-2018 07:24 AM
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone been able to pass the Global ID from a service in Collector to the related GUID in Survey123 using the URL method?

I have a database relationship of Bridges to Inspections. In addition, Inspections have related Elements. Since Survey123 can only go two deep in relationships I have a service for Bridges in Collector and the Inspections and Elements in Survey123. I have created the Survey123 from the Inspection and Element service.

33 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Suddha,

I would not use a form that takes in the globalid via URL parameters in conjunction with the Inbox - we do not support editing via URL currently.  As I mentioned in the comment, the behavior of globalids and curly braces will be addressed in a future release of Survey123.

0 Kudos
SuddhaGraves
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Just to clarify the workflow, I pass the URL from Collector to a new Survey Form.  That part works fine.  However, if there is ever a need to edit the data in the existing Survey Form, I had planned to allow the user to access it via the Inbox from Survey123.  The user would not access the existing data using the custom URL, it would only be accessed via the Inbox.

I look forward to the future release where the behavior of GlobalIDs and curly braces are addressed.     

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AliciaRitzenthaler
New Contributor III

Closely related to the original question, I am trying to pass the GlobalID from Collector features into a Survey123 field called CollectorID. 

When the CollectorID field is text this works. When the CollectorID field type is GUID however it appears to work (GlobalD passed, no brackets) but I cannot save the survey. I get the following message:

Any idea how to pass a GlobalID from Collector to a GUID field in Survey123? I am passing the GlobalID to a GUID field because I need to set up a relationship class between the Survey123 and the Collector features based on this passed GlobalID. If someone has an alternative way to get around this I'm also open to that.

0 Kudos
ElliottPlack1
New Contributor III

Did you solve this? It is possible the incoming Global ID is not formatted correctly and James Tedrick‌'s answer above could work.

0 Kudos