Page not Showing in Survey123 Connect but Showing on Published Survey

Jump to solution
11-07-2023 09:29 AM
AbigailEbelherr
New Contributor III

I've created the following survey in Survey123 Connect, but the first page does not show up form page on Survey123 Connect.  However, it is showing up on the published survey.  Why would that be?  I know it's likely to do with my coding, so I attached my XLS form.  Here is a link to the survey, itself, which shows the correct first page:  https://arcg.is/0PH0HG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Groups named generated_group_coverPage are created by the web designer for surveys with pages, for use in the web app. These groups are ignored in the field app and Survey123 Connect.

Customize Form Elements

- Jen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Groups named generated_group_coverPage are created by the web designer for surveys with pages, for use in the web app. These groups are ignored in the field app and Survey123 Connect.

Customize Form Elements

- Jen
0 Kudos
AbigailEbelherr
New Contributor III

Oh, I had no idea they only showed in one space.  So I changed it from coverPage to just:

type: begin group

name: project_type

label: Please Read

However, I am stuck with this grey line across the top of my first page.  Any idea how to get rid of it?

AbigailEbelherr_0-1699720716386.png

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

That line separates the description section from the rest of the survey. Did you make any other changes other than the group name? I would expect it to be below your instructions. I only changed your beginning group name and published your XLS and see what I expected.

JenniferAcunto_0-1699886786094.png

If I change the generated_note_form_title to a normal note, then I see what you are seeing.

JenniferAcunto_1-1699887157283.png

There's no real way to control that line. You can hide the entire description section (and line) using a URL parameter ?hide=description. If you do that, then you would need to ensure your instructions are not in the description area. 

Alternatively, you can move your instructions back into the description area to make the line make more sense. 

- Jen
0 Kudos